Friday, November 30, 2007

Berlin continued

I spent Thursday evening in this building, the Berlin Office of GTZ, an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development. I met my cousine Franziska who heads up the office and we had a lively discussion about family matters and learning as well. Lovely evening...

This Friday morning I attended a good session covering various matters of Corporate Learning, featuring Donald Clark, the founder of EPIC, a UK well-informed consultancy group around learning. Check out this article, for instance.

I took most out of the overall session from a presentation done by head of the Swedbank Training department. "How Can We Learn More, Faster and Cheaper" sound like a pretty boring thing to listen to but he had two, three slides that hit the nail. I took pictures and will share when back.

Later I met with Anoush to discuss a few details around the proposal for the research partnership - all looking fine. We should be able to sign this year...

In general, meeting people was an important part of being here. Topics discussed included
  • the digital divide in Africa (Kenya is the only region in the world that doesn't have broadband. Forget online learning there ...),
  • e-guidance or what excellent support for things like the SOU could look like
  • Netvibes for universities
Good conference. I'll come back next year and would like to present, too. Anyone likes to join in?

From Berlin, this is Sebastian for K.I.D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home