Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Education Guardian reports ...

"Students studying at the Open University are the most satisfied in the UK, according to the results of the national student survey released today.
The results of the survey put the OU at the top of a league table of universities for overall student satisfaction for the third consecutive year. Close to 95% of the university's students said they were satisfied or very satisfied, which puts it one percentage point ahead of the institution ranked second - despite the fact teaching is delivered online and through distance-learning."

I happen to know that operation cost of the OU is 50-60% of the standard campus-based UK institution.

If I let that sink in for a while, I am thinking the learning centre is not as productive as it could be. Dinstance learning courses make up max. 5% of the portfolio offered. Hm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home