Monday, January 23, 2006

More Miri Stories

Hi guys,
Here's another message from Miri. Today is Monday and finally I have some rest at work. I am spending my time writing summaries of the training sessions and to follow up on outstanding issues (Rachel must be getting mad by now, I've sent her soo many emails already).

I must say it's quite an experience for me to be here, luckily everyone is really friendly and they will always assure that someone takes me out for lunch (sometimes even dinner).

Life in Miri evolves around food, food, and food. So no loosing weight for me ;-)
Eating with chopsticks is fun although I need some more practice ( I am lucky to have a Chinese sister-in-law so I had tried it before). Things like oxtail soup, duck, weird looking shellfish and vegetables that I never heard of...I have tried it all. They just don't take no for an answer - you have to eat! Some things i won't eat are fish heads (although they don't understand because it's the best part of the fish) and chicken feet....besides that I am quite flexible.

I still haven't figured out how to upload pictures from my camera so I've done another search for you and here are some pictures that will give a good impression (thanks to Miri Outpost):



The road to the office...









The restaurant where they took me on day 1....











same one...









One of many shopping centres....not much to buy in my size.








That's all for now...take care and greetings from Miri (Seb: it's 30+ degrees and something like 24 in the evening - evenings are nice, during the day airco is better)

Iris


2 Comments:

Blogger Gerry said...

thanks for the updates Iris, it is really nice to keep up with each other this way. Be careful how much you eat, remember the excess baggage charges on the flight home!!

Monday, January 23, 2006 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Sebastian said...

A few things ...
+ we had Champagne today celebrating the LMS launch.
+ Graeme and myself lost table tennis match agianst, Rob. 4 times. In a humiliating fashion. Graeme's fault.
+ missing your husband yet?
+ sonst alles beim alten

Monday, January 23, 2006 10:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home