Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Middle East Forum

While Sebastian if off with the 'armees' I am in the middle east forum. The presentations are death by 'hurry up the next speaker is waiting' powerpoint. However the humans are very nice and the stories behind the work they are doing is remarkable. I listened to a speaker yesterday from Palestine who told how his team has rolled out an Open University over the last twenty years. An incredible story involving the PLO, the United Nations, the Government of Israel (not actually supporting by the way) an the Palestinians themselves. I can assure you all that compared to them we have No Barriers.

I have so far met three people I knew from my time in the middle east and there is a lot of 'e-learning going on' mainly in the education section. I have also bumped into a friend from California who will be presenting, and we also noticed a Mr Jeff Moonen was on the list of speakers, but haven't seen him yet.

Ok, a joke from kindergarden. Where did Napolean keep his armees? answer: Up his sleevees.

I have tried to get Sebastian to tell me what is happening in Security but he says it's a secret!

Gerry Nicholson, Online Educa Berlin, KID team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home