Simulation Exercise
I recently created a simulation exercise that is used by the Gaslift group, which I like to share with you!In the exercise students are responsible for well nr.1 from the Bongo field. The exercise simulates different roles from area foremen to gas lift equipment supplier. In groups students have to discuss each decision they make. Each decision takes the group to a different scenario costing different amounts of money.
I have seen the exercise in action last week in the P264 course and was amazed by the energy around the exercise! It all happened in syndicate groups, which generated lots of discussions. The competition element was great to see as well. The steps the students should take should be held to a minimum as each extra step costs money towards the solution. Their initial budget is 1 million dollars but shrinks as each step is taken.
I cannot provide the link here but will give you an example from the tool I designed this with. The tool is called Quandary and click here for an example exercise. By the way… same people who created the Hot potatoes tool!
If you are interested in the actual gaslift exercise please let me know. I have a license for Quandary but only costs $60,- …
Cheers, Rob.


1 Comments:
Sounds good Rob!
Post a Comment
<< Home