Dumping Blackboard for open source
It seems that blackboard is getting increasingly impopular. Their new patent application does not help there.
I came across an interesting article on Surfnet about the reasons why the University of Brussels switched from Blackboard to Dokeos. In this article you can also find the report of the comparison (pdf).
They actually have quite a lot of interesting stuff on this site, such as an article on Moodle by a former project leader of TeleTop.
Everything is in Dutch though...
For the non Dutchies there is an article about the integration of Moodle and LAMS (a learning design system). Hadn't heard about LAMS before, but I guess it's something like Designers Edge.
I came across an interesting article on Surfnet about the reasons why the University of Brussels switched from Blackboard to Dokeos. In this article you can also find the report of the comparison (pdf).
They actually have quite a lot of interesting stuff on this site, such as an article on Moodle by a former project leader of TeleTop.
Everything is in Dutch though...
For the non Dutchies there is an article about the integration of Moodle and LAMS (a learning design system). Hadn't heard about LAMS before, but I guess it's something like Designers Edge.


3 Comments:
Very interesting, indeed and -considering what we currently do with HR IT - just right on time. I want to collect these kind of articles and anothr one that compares Moodle with Blackboard.
Moodle at Royal Roads
Matt Small - Blackborad CEO, in a meeting with IMS members - was very clear that there was no plan to take action against the standards/specifications groups or the open source CMS projects, namely Moodle and Sakai. More at: http://blogs.sun.com/stuart/entry/bb_comments_at_ims
Post a Comment
<< Home